Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sick

Good Evening All,

I'm sorry to have been away so much this week. I was down with a cold and then my son got the same thing so things have been a little crazy around here. I know all you Mom's can relate. I'm trying to get back on track this week though. I can tell you that I made some delicious mocha chocolate cupcakes and took them to the office for our Halloween party and I think people really liked them. I had a little trouble with the frosting because I really wanted a whipped cream frosting and found it's not a good idea to make whipped cream frosting the night before. The whipped cream separated in the refrigerator and it took some doing to get it right again. Moral of the story is don't refrigerate whipped cream frosting!

Also, I am back on my Jillian Michael's program this week so I will be fixing things that correspond to this way of eating. This is not a diet it's a way of life program and I don't know why I ever fall off the wagon. I always feel 100% better when I'm on her program. It's an organic food plan and I strongly encourage those who are interested in losing weight and feeling better to pluck down the money and try her online program.

Here are the menus for the week:

Sunday-Maple glazed salmon, red potatoes, asparagus (we never got to this last week)
Monday-Ham, Broccoli and Swiss cheese crust less quiche (we never got to this either)
Tuesday-Spicy Sweet Potato Soup
Wednesday-Chicken Kebabs and cucumber salad
Thursday-Leftovers
Friday-Eggplant and Mozzarella Sandwiches with pesto
Saturday-Leftovers

Grocery List
paprika
chili powder
ground ancho chili powder
ground cumin
brown sugar
salt
4 organic salmon fillets
1  teaspoon  maple syrup
1 pound red potatoes
olive oil
2 heads garlic
rosemary
Parmesan cheese
1 to 2 pounds fresh organic asparagus
2 cups whole milk
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
Pinch cayenne or paprika
3/4 cup lean ham or Canadian bacon
3/4 cup Swiss cheese
4 sweet potatoes
1 cup maple syrup
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
garm masala
smoked paprika
4 cups veggie or chicken broth
Brown onion
turmeric
cayenne pepper
lemon
Greek plain yogurt
18 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 12 boneless, skinless breasts
Italian parsley
fresh basil
sliced mozzarella cheese
Trader Joe's eggplant slices
Fresh multi grain rolls
walnuts or pine nuts

That's the list for this week. I'll put up the recipe for the Salmon tomorrow afternoon. Have a restful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment